Monday, November 28, 2011

Wisdom from a 16 year old

Found this on my computer, thought I'd share it with you! Even at 16 I was wise.


16 Things I’ve Learned In 16 Years
16. It’s not all about me, there’s plenty of people that have it worse.
15. Don’t be afraid to admit that yes, I was wrong.
14. Respect your elders.
13. Always smile, you never know when someone might need it.
12. Just because everyone else made a mistake before you, doesn’t mean you have the same fate, in fact promise yourself that you won’t.
11. Everyday is a new day, a new beginning, a chance to start over.
10. Don’t dwell on the past, things should stay there after all they were the obstacles that only led you to this point.
09. Don’t take things too seriously, sometimes people get mad at something else and take it out on you.
08. Breathe often, Sometimes a break let’s you see things clearly when you come back.
07. Laugh loudly, have fun, everything doesn’t need to be serious all the time.
06. Sometimes it’s best to let someone go, if they don’t want to work it out.
05. Apologize when it’s your fault, don’t let pride stand in the way.
04. Believe your family, they wouldn’t lie to you.
03. Address problems in the early processes, don’t wait for them to get worse, also don’t try and solve them right after they happen it only escalates the hurt and anger.
02. Music is a great way to escape a chaotic life.
01. Be Yourself, all the time, don’t pretend to be someone your not because that person’s not worth it if your afraid to be yourself.
00. When it feels like your against the wall, that’s when you start realizing who’s worth it, and who never was.   

I Realize. I realize that some of these I can object to but otherwise it's pretty true. There's truth in all of it. Who knew I was as wise as this, at 16 I can make these up and write them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment