Monday, November 19, 2012

A Weekend Finding Love

What Love is This, That you gave your life
for me?
I am loved. This past weekend I got to go back to Valley City for a SEARCH retreat. If you know anything about me, you will know that Search weekends are something I look forward too. As in, the last one I went to before this November retreat was in April...and I almost died while waiting for this one because they were so far apart.
Never have I ever. Felt as loved as I did this weekend. I met so many wonderful people with a fire for God and the same beliefs as myself. Plus I got to see a lot of my favorite people who I didn't get to see for awhile. The thing about Search friendships is that they are solid because they are built with a strong foundation and that strong foundation is Christ. I strongly believe that those friendships built in Christ and that have Christ as the center are the best friendships. I haven't seen some of these people in months, maybe even a year! The great thing is that we pick up right where we left off, even over time.
In the Beginning. Yes, I was a little nervous for seeing everyone again. I always fool myself into thinking that no one misses me. Yes, my good friends are the exception. Even with my good friends, I always feel like maybe they aren't for me. Boy was I wrong on this weekend! As soon as I walked in, it was like I never left. Okay, so there were a few newer people but I still got along with them. My heart has never been so joyous as the moment I walked into the auditorium and saw everyone .My joy started as soon as we turned off the interstate and started descending the hill into what's known as Valley City.
Nervous? You bet! I was nervous for the new searchers, I didn't know any of them! Plus, I battle with what people think of me in general. It's the self-esteem issue...I'm not the healthiest or the prettiest but I'm me. Somehow someone always says something negative though and I believe every word. But this weekend I didn't hear anything negative, all I heard were positive reinforcements that I was beautiful. For the first time I felt great about myself! I have such wonderful friends and I got closer with a lot of my guy friends. They were the ones that kept saying I'm beautiful and all these compliments plus I got so many loving hugs this past weekend. Today I'm feeling the hug withdrawl...I miss them so much!
 
 
The biggest thing I learned this weekend is that I am beautiful and it's okay to be single. Someone will come into my life at the right time, until then I just need to keep growing & keep learning to love myself.
 
Until next time - It's true what I've been saying
Truth Speaks when Faith Listens.
Love you & God Bless
Tiffany

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Tiffany! I love how encouraged I feel after retreats. :) I have to remind myself about singleness too. God has a plan and a man for me! and you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. A guy will walk into your life when God thinks that it is time, but until then, live life up. Use it as a "spiritual refining" process. Love being loved by your brothers and sisters in Christ! You're gorgeous girl! :) Show the world what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for two comments from two extraordinary people! Thanks guys, I'm keeping my head up & heart open :) <3

    ReplyDelete